Your privacy matters to me. I am considerate of the information I ask you to provide and the personal information I collect through the operation of my website(s). I only store personal information for as long as I have good reason to and aim to keep it as simple as possible for you to control how I process that information. I aim for full transparency on how I gather, use and share your personal information.
WHO I AM & WHAT THIS STATEMENT COVERS
This website is owned by Elena Winch Counsellor, 3 Rowe Street Upper, Wexford Co. Wexford. The website address is: https://elenawinch.com
This Privacy Statement applies to the information that I collect when you use this website.
INFORMATION I COLLECT
I collect information in three different ways: information you provide to me via my website, information I collect automatically through your use of my website and information I collect from other sources in use on our website.
Information You Provide To Me
While browsing our website, you may provide us with personal information when you complete our contact form such as name, telephone number and email address.
Information I collect automatically
I may automatically collect information about how you use my website such as technical data like your IP address, login data, details how long you spent on my website, which browser you used, which pages you viewed and how often and for how long and other technology on the devices you use to access out website.
Information from Cookies & Other Technologies using pixel tags
What is a pixel tag? Pixel tags (also called clear GIFs, web beacons, or pixels) are small blocks of code on a webpage that allow websites to do things like read and place cookies. The resulting connection can include information such as the person’s IP address, the time the person viewed the pixel and the type of browser being used.
How do I use pixel tags on this website? Currently I do not use pixel tags on this website.
What is a cookie? A cookie is a small text file that may be stored on your computer or mobile device that contains data related to a website you visit. It may allow a website “remember” your actions or preferences over a period of time, or it may contain data related to the function or delivery of the site. Cookies can be set by the owner of the website or in some cases by third party services the website owner allows to present other information, run content or provide other functionality such as analytics. Further information on cookies can be found at: http://ec.europa.eu/ipg/basics/legal/cookies/index_en.htm
This is a WordPress website. The default cookies used by WordPress are as follows:
General Website Access: If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. However, I currently have disabled commenting on my site.
Information I Collect from Other Sources
I may also get information about you from other sources. For example, if you use social media services (like Twitter or Facebook) I will receive information from that service if you engage with my social media feeds (such as your profile picture) via the authorization procedures used by that service. The information I receive depends on which services you authorize and any options that are available.
HOW I USE THE INFORMATION I COLLECT
I only use your information to respond to the query you submitted via our contact form. Once the matter has been satisfactorily dealt with, I delete your information.
I do not engage in direct marketing activities or use your personal information for same.
HOW I SHARE INFORMATION
I NEVER pass on your private personal information to anyone without legitimate reason to do so. I only share your information in the following circumstances:
As Required by Law: I may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
To Protect Rights and Property: I may disclose information about you when I believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Elena Winch Counsellor, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if I have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, I may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
With Your Consent: I may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, I may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as the social media services that you connect to your site through our Publicize feature.
Aggregated and De-Identified Information: I may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, I may publish aggregate statistics about the use of my Services.
To ensure any data you provide to us via my website is securely transferred to us, I use a Secure Socket Layer certificate (SSL) on my website. This verifies my identity to your browser and encrypts any data that your provide me with for example, via the contact form. SSL is identifiable by the padlock symbol or trust mark in the browsers URL bar and by the URL itself which will begin https:// (as opposed to http://)
While no digital system or online service is 100% secure, I will endeavour to ensure the information you provide us is securely held, both online and offline as applicable, and protected against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction and will take reasonable measures to do so.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
Information provided is retained by Elena Winch Counsellor, while I have legitimate reason to do so in order to provide you with the best possible service. I also retain information or the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. I have no other reason to retain your data and therefore any information that is no longer required is deleted from our systems (including backup systems) or if in paper form, shredded and disposed of securely.
Under GDPR you have the following rights which I strictly uphold.
- The right to be informed: I will always inform you about how your personal data is processed by us.
- The right of access: You may request access to your information that I control at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data I hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
- The right to rectification: If any of your information is inaccurate or incomplete I will rectify it upon request. If I have disclosed inaccurate information to a third-party, I will inform them of the rectification and also inform you of this.
- The right to erasure: You can also request that I erase any personal data I hold about you. This does not include any data I are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- The right to restrict processing: You have a right to restrict how I process your information.
- The right to data portability: You may obtain and reuse the personal information you initially provided us with for your own purposes. I will provide this to you or another data controller nominated by you in a machine readable format.
- The right to object: In certain circumstances you have the right to object to how I process your personal information. I am happy to cease processing in such cases, unless there are compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing or where it is needed for legal reasons. To object, please contact us at email@example.com In the case of direct marketing, to remove your information from our system, please unsubscribe using the link at the bottom of the communication received.
- The right to complain: If you have any query regarding how I handle your personal information or if you wish to make a complaint, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org You also have the right to contact the Data Protection Commissioner at www.dataprotection.ie, Lo call: 1890 252 231, email: email@example.com
LINKING TO OTHER WEBSITES
To provide you with additional information, I may include links on my website to external websites. Although I make every effort to ensure that links to external websites are accurate, up to date and relevant, Elena Winch Counsellor, cannot take responsibility for pages maintained by external providers. Elena Winch Counsellor takes no responsibility for information contained on external links from this website. Views expressed on external sites are not necessarily those of Elena Winch Counsellor
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
Our websites, domains and apps may contain third-party plugins to provide certain functionality – backups, analysis, social media feeds etc Please note that this statement does not apply in those cases and I am not responsible for the privacy practices of such third parties. I do however endeavour to only select third party services that are GDPR compliant.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
Any changes I may make to my privacy statement in the future will be posted here on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. I advise that you check this page regularly to keep up to date with any necessary changes.
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this privacy statement please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated: 25th January 2019